Ladies Auxiliary to the Sons of Union Veterans
of the Civil War
Ladies Auxiliary Badge
The Auxiliary to the SUVCW was officially organized in 1887; however its roots go back to 1884 and its membership is open to female lineal or collateral descendants or Civil War Veterans, wives, mothers, daughters and widows of SUVCW members in good standing. Their purpose is to assist the SUVCW in their goals as well as a full line of patriotic and charity orientated activities of their own. They are also organized into local auxiliaries, departments and a national organization.
For information on becoming a member of the Auxiliary contact a local SUVCW Camp for further details.
Members of the Ladies Auxiliary
placing a GAR
wreath at the Circle M section of Greenlawn
Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio on
Memorial Day 2001